Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Handmade christmas #5

Aaahh ... so close to the end. This is the second last Christmas gift for this year. Just poor old Sackboy left. Then there are some extra post-Christmas gifts which I didn't have time for ...

The barn is my favourite gift made this year. And the one I've had the most trouble keeping the girls away from! If I had time I would have made up a couple little accessories to go with it (eg. feed trough, hay bale). Alas it's Christmas tomorrow, and it'll be well loved regardless.


I lazily followed the tutorial from UK lass in US. Mine is a couple inches bigger than the tutorial measurements. I also didn't have any of the plastic she used, and am doing my best to avoid the shops at this time of year. All the wrapping and binding with tape and such seemed like more time and effort than I wanted to expend. Unfortunately thick interfacing didn't work so well. In the end I had to shove pieces of cardboard through an unintentionally enlarged turning hole. All's well that ends well though.


No barn is complete without the obligatory dogs in our household. Lucky I enjoyed making it as I foresee more of these in the future.

Finally I hope you and your families have a happy Christmas!

No comments: