Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Dolls dolls dolls

It's all about the dolls in our house.  Barbie dolls, BFC dolls, Blythe dolls (the cheap Littlest Pet Shop ones that is), Lalaloopsy dolls, and Sylvanian Families dolls (my personal favourite).

Guess what I've been sewing a lot of?  Yep.  Teeny tiny clothes.  And I like it.

Some with patterns.  Usually without.  The big BFC dolls are the easiest to sew for.  They 'needed' pyjamas.  Here's version A where the top was a little too short (note the added contrast band at the bottom).  Version B worked a treat, and after brushing up on my rudimentary Illustrator skills I've very nearly got my first doll clothes pattern ready to go.  Any day now ...



Below is yesterday's workspace, drawing up a pants pattern for the shameless Stacie doll.



Before the kids came home and added to the craft disaster that is now my dining table.

No comments: