Thursday, June 5, 2008

Pj's and bun

I have visions of my children wearing mostly handmade clothes. Sadly the reality is more like three items handmade vs far too many shop bought. Thus my pleasure at having successfully completed a set of pyjamas for Audrey.


This was made using NewLook pattern 6452. The pants are far too long but this doesn't matter thanks to the elasticated cuffs. I also thought the top might be too short after cutting it out so added an extra strip of white polar fleece. Hence the santa look.

The white bunny on the top was my first attempt at appliqueing. I used blanket stitch around the edges which turned out pretty well considering it was at least 10 years ago that I last used that stitch. And it survived it's first trip through the washing machine!!

Like most of my sewing, there were a few lessons learned:

1. Do not use black elastic under pastel fabric.
2. Make the blanket stitches closer around sharp turns.
3. Use a stretchier fabric around the neck.
4. Iron clothes before taking photo.

No comments: