I don't know how to make patterns. I've typed up the instructions for Sourpuss. That was the easy part. Now it's time to make it look pretty, which I'm sure I will get frustrated with.
So naturally I got distracted on my way to the computer.
I'm very excited about this top (affectionately called the tomato top). It's the first clothing I've made for myself in a very long time, and it actually fits! I used Simplicity 4589, just adding about 6cm to the length. It's probably a size or two larger than I need, but I still love it. The pattern was fairly straight-forward, and their narrow hems worked surprisingly well. I'll definitely use both the pattern and the hemming method again.
I don't know much about the plethora of different fabrics available, other than the some of the more obvious ones such as corduroy and tulle. This tomato fabric is voile and after using it for the first time I'm now a fan. The weave has just enough looseness to fold nicely on the curves, and didn't fray too much.
There is also a top for Hannah cut out from the same fabric, unfortunately. While watching me cut out my top she commented that she would also like a tomato top. Silly me didn't think fast enough about the cringe-worthy mother-daughter-outfit aspect. Oh well ... a lesson learned.