My model is napping today. I tried for a self-portrait. I really, truly did! My lavender bush did a better job of hat-wearing.
This hat is much more to my liking. Perhaps a little safari-ish, but I don't mind. My first millinery attempt seems a bit too festive in comparison.
There is no longer much resemblance to the original pattern I used. The brim shape is largely the same, but that's about it. My first couple attempts at a rounded crown were a bit pointy in differing places. Third time around was a charm. Next on the list is a smaller version which will hopefully fit one of the wee girls. I might even have a go at making a tutorial and printable pattern.
And here are the insides for those that like that sort of thing: